View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jly535 View Post
I was looking through the paperwork that came with my car and noticed that W5DPO plugs were installed, does this sound like an error, should be W3DPO? Do they even make W5DPOs? If not what is benefit of hotter plug? I am running Raceware studs, 1 bar spring, SC cams.
That's two steps hotter. Most use at least one step hotter if they have the nutz to violate the owners handbook. Two steps means the Previous owner or his wrench had "Balls as big as pickle jars"

That means your plugs may last 5 times as long as the average 930 owner who throws his plugs out because they are fouled. If it is a street car, I wouldn't think twice.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-25-2008, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)