View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
One Unhappy Pelican Customer

Hello,

I feel that I need to write this to make sure "Wayne" amongst others know what happened so that it will not happen to the next guy.

Unless I'm mistaken, the part number 911-106-322-01 is a Right Side Heater Duct for when backdating your heat. It says that it will fit 1965-74 and 75-89. I own an 87-930 which this part comes up as a compatible item.

My heater duct is plastic (oem) and cracked pretty severely. The car has been at the shop with the motor out doing some work that I do not have time to tackle myself. The car has been waiting at the shop over the weekend so that we could order this part on Monday to replace the damaged one.

Now for the not so fun part... Nowhere does it mention & No one will tell you that if your car has air-conditoning that this part will not work. This outlet to this heaterduct sits about 2 inches higher than the previous (oem) version and is in the way of the air-conditoner mounting bracket which the previous version is lower and tucks behind. Now, the car has to go back together (due to time contraints) with a damaged part because the one we were waiting for does not work.

I realize that I'm upset, but one would think this would have been a simple thing and much easier to do while the motor is out. Now, it will have to wait until the next time (a year or so) she is out again along with finding or purchasing an oem one which I would have done in the first place if I knew that this would happen.

So, the lesson that I learned in all this.... Post, Post, Post as many times as possible about even the simplest part when not oem so that you don't have to deal with this frustrating situation as I have.

I will say, Pelican Parts has been a great resource for me on parts and the forums, and I will continue to use them moving forward, but I hope they put this on their website so when people are shopping for items like this, there will not be any confusion as to whether or not the part actually will work for their application.

Hope this helps someone,

Bryan
CA.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)