View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver77 View Post
Werk-I:
Stock ignition system, although I have been pondering MSD.

Les:
I really don't have to have ALL the acc. on for the hunting to happen. Windows alone will cause it, but only if I keep the switch switched in either direction after the desired lowering or raising has been completed.
Or headlights alone will do it.
Once off, the idle is a solid 950.
The only other needle doing anything is the oil pressure varying, although it is in accordance with the RPM fluctuation.

HMMMMMM.
Sounds like you definitely found a way to reproduce the issue. Holding the window switch when the window is against the stop, will result in higher current draw. Also, you can make it happen with multiple different draws like your headlights. To tell you the truth, I don't know if this is normal or not. I have never noticed it. I might keep an eye on my alternator though.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-25-2008, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)