View Single Post
village idiot

Question dyno day - not good - need advice

background:
car went to the garage last August to get a new clutch. Still there, (i do have visitation days) because i thought we would do this and that while its there-then WHAM the point of no return. you know the point where I start getting Christmas cards, birthday cards, etc. from Uncle Citi Bank.

Tues 3/25 & Wed 3/26: engine (ONLY) was tested on dyno to get tuning done.
problems incurred; XDI box only lasted 1 day-dead. engine is running out of fuel at 5k rpm at wide open throttle, and the dyno reports (hp/tq) were very disheartening for the amount of money i have invested.

mods:
(i hope i remember all the correct names for the whatcha-ma-call-its)

J&E 8:1 pistons, lightweight wirstpins, crank bearings (with coatings)
Nikkie cylinders 3.4
IA twin plug, flowed,ported heads, studs, valve springs, guides,etc.
the ignition pods (XDI box failed day1)
IA fuel distributor mods
IA ground cams to match the head work
Brain Leask warm-up reg mod & rpm solenoid
Tial 46 mm waste-gate with .7 spring
turbo-K-27 HF-S
Kokeln intercooler
exhaust-SSI/Brian & Ben headers, muffler twin outlet
injectors were cleaned and flow tested
various powder coating, cleaning etc.

Suggestions welcome/needed
88 930 cab w/36k miles(ok its the wife's 40th b-day present) She knows the clutch needs replaced. She doesn't know about-3.4L: LN engineering-Nikkies cylinders: 8:1 JE pistons: IA-(fuel head, XDI twin plug ignition, revalved, respringed, reguided & ported n polished heads, matched cam grind): K27HFs: Kokeln IC: Braink Leask-(WUR & RPM switch): H&K-(SSI & dual exhaust): Tial 46mm wg: and lots of parts coated by Calico Coatings.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)