View Single Post
Non User

Garage
CarFax is only as good as the information being fed to it. I had a '03 Ford Lightning that I bought new. In '05 I wrapped it around a lightpost and caused almost $20K in repair work paid for by my insurance company, including a respray to the whole left side. After having some warranty work done on the head - blew a spark plug out the aluminum head - I felt it was time to buy something more "reliable." Cleaned it up to sell and paid for a CarFax so that I would have all the info avail for the next owner. To my surprise it had NO info at all about the accident or any of the warranty work. I didn't expect it to have the warranty info, you could get that from any dealer, but I sure as hell would have thought it would have the accident info. I ended up trading it in to let the dealer deal with it.

Bottom line: get the carfax for piece of mind, ABSOLUTELY pay for a PPI with someone who really knows these cars.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 03-26-2008, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)