View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlwitte View Post
background:

mods:
(i hope i remember all the correct names for the whatcha-ma-call-its)

J&E 8:1 pistons, lightweight wirstpins, crank bearings (with coatings)
Nikkie cylinders 3.4
IA twin plug, flowed,ported heads, studs, valve springs, guides,etc.
the ignition pods (XDI box failed day1)
IA fuel distributor mods
IA ground cams to match the head work
Brain Leask warm-up reg mod & rpm solenoid
Tial 46 mm waste-gate with .7 spring
turbo-K-27 HF-S
Kokeln intercooler
exhaust-SSI/Brian & Ben headers, muffler twin outlet
injectors were cleaned and flow tested
various powder coating, cleaning etc.

Suggestions welcome/needed
Todd,
I am a bit surprised you have selected .7 boost pressure relief. With the mods you have performed, you are bleeding boost before the engine/turbocharger combination are approacing optimal efficiency. Geez, I tried the Tial .7 bar with my KKK 7002 and it was running out of breath approaching 5K RPM. I think you should see around 450-475 BHP at 1 bar with the mods listed above. I wouldn't be surprised if your wastegate is opening at 3K RPM!

Are you sure the XDI unit failed and not a problem with the crank sensor gap or crank sensor failure?

Hope your tuner realizes the twin plug setup on the 911 turbo engines don't require as much advance as the single plug setups. ~25 degress BTDC @ 4K RPM
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 03-27-2008 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: additional idea
Old 03-27-2008, 05:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)