View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
When you say you had a slew of the sensors come back, do you mean the wideband O2 sensor that screws into the exhaust pipe?

Bosch makes the wideband sensor, not Innovate or PLX, and last I checked PLX sells the Bosch Sensor with their kit so they would be the same.

NGK also makes a wideband O2 sensor, but I have only seen it sold with the NGK AFR gauge kit.

As far as the illumination goes, you say it's stock.
Not sure what you mean there... LED's or 'light emmitting diodes' create their own illumination.
I have seen previous pictures and video's of these in the last month or 2 and it's not reflections or abberations I'm seeing...
LED's are alot brighter than the 4 watt incadescent bulb illumination that is lighting the VDO guage bezels and analog needles in the stock gauge.

My question is, can you dim the brightness of the LED display electronically?

If not, I guess you could install a thin layer of nuetral density gel like is sometimes used on photographic lights or camera lenses over the display to dim it down to match the rest of the instuments.
He's talking about the other lights in the "Clock" around the periphery of the bezel.

I talked to PLX about the dimming issue. I think more people should call them about this. They don't see the need. One of the reasons why I specifically called was to put a bug in their ear. My impression, they need more bugs in their ear. I also wanted to keep the burner hot for a Fuel pressure module, another needed bug in their ear.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-27-2008, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)