View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrmike View Post
I'm working on a RUF RCT that has an 8.5/1 3.6 w/twinplug and 964 cams. As well as a 3.6 NA intake manifold and C2 intercooler. It makes 360 whp at .77 bar/11psi. I think this equals about 415 FWHP? It's rated by RUF @ 385 FWHP... Just got the heads back from Ollies's, I'll go back to the dyno w/fresh top end and compare...

Someone told me this costs about $88,000 now for the EVO version w/a few more ponies, I'm guessing you spent around 35% of this? Sounds like your doing fine to me once you dial in the fueling issues. Good luck

Here's a link to a story about the car in question if anyone cares, although it has a new owner

http://www.rsamerica.net/articles/member/index.htm#RUF-RCT
(i hope it's okay to post this link here, please advise if it's not, thanks)
Well this just makes me more confident that 360FWHP from CIS 3.4 is not "dissapointing" in any sense. RUF dynoed their turbocharged 3.6 engine, equipped with Motronic (=hotwire EFI, no barn door) and boosting 0.77 bar at 385 FWHP. I see no reason to doubt that 0.2L smaller engine strangled with CIS and boosting .07 bar less would produce 360 FWHP while going slightly lean on the top.

Dyno shops love to goose customers by measuring power at wheels and then fudging the numbers by adding fantasy drivetrain losses, correcting for temperature and whatnot. Engine dyno is the real thing. You have torque brake, measure torque and multiply it with revs. That's it...there is no lie.

CIS is still there and it's strangling the flow, and it's influence is felt more as you keep extracting more power. You could pour more on the top and then tweak the ignition and boost for little more power. It would be good to see torque/AFR graphs first.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)