View Single Post
village idiot

UPDATE

looks like the culprit to running out of fuel at 5k rpms is mostly due to a lack of system pressure. It was recoomended to be at a minimum of 95lbs. currently my pressure was running at 80lbs. So it looks like raising the pressure should get the xtra fule it needs then onto the adjusting so as not to foul 12 sparkplugs. I guess the good thing is if plugs foul now on the low end, it is easy to change. However, once the engine is back in the car, i can see where changing 12 plugs might just take me longer than a 6 pack of cold ones.

thanks to everyone that offered commnets 7 suggestions, i used them all as a checklist this morning with the mechanic and the only item on the list that stood out was the system pressure or should i say a lack of pressure.

well a few fixes and back to the engine dyno, hopefully we can get it in next week. Will update after next dyno run.
88 930 cab w/36k miles(ok its the wife's 40th b-day present) She knows the clutch needs replaced. She doesn't know about-3.4L: LN engineering-Nikkies cylinders: 8:1 JE pistons: IA-(fuel head, XDI twin plug ignition, revalved, respringed, reguided & ported n polished heads, matched cam grind): K27HFs: Kokeln IC: Braink Leask-(WUR & RPM switch): H&K-(SSI & dual exhaust): Tial 46mm wg: and lots of parts coated by Calico Coatings.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)