View Single Post
Non User

Garage
Yes it is, I have the same turbo that I just recently bought new and installed - that is a great price. With some patience, it was a direct bolt in (and I still use the turbo mounting bracket). I bought mine direct from Kokeln (Vision Motorsports in Laguna Hills, CA - who is also the wrench on my car). My ultimate HP goal is 400 RWHP. The owner said this turbo would work fine for that application. He did say that if I was targeting more (450+ RWHP) that he would steer me in another direction. Depending on your goals you may want to look at something else. It also looks like it's missing the installation hardware. If you get it, be sure to contact Kokeln and order the oil feed kit (you replace you current hard oil feed line to the turbo with a stainless steel hose that reduces the flow of oil to the turbo. Let me know if you need the contact info.

I should have taken pictures of the install, but I started pulling my car apart at 10 pm and finished the whole install by 2 am (I have kids so my time is a little limited) It took me longer to figure out how to get out the old oil feed line than it did to do the actuall install.

Let me know if you want more info.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 03-29-2008, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)