View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Header design does affect waste gate action.
You can get a boost controller or swap in a 0.8bar unit and see where it ends up.
The K27-7200 does peter out on top but given your boost and AFR issues that is not a bad thing.
I also suggest an adjustable WUR. BL has a good product and can help you set it up.
We are in complete agreement and IMO there are several component issues.
Header configuration delivers power to the compressor through driving the turbine. Better configurations deliver more power sooner, but this power should be controlled by the W/G alone, especially at less than maximum flow conditions. Power often drops based on the turbo's size and efficiency but the boost level should remain as set.
Being a less than perfect world the boost curve will have a different signature with component changes. As I said, if the GHL headers have a signature of a slight onset boost bump this is desirable assuming it's within reason.
Yes, he needs to work with A/F control, and probably needs the WUR upgrades based on the collective experience on this site but I think we will agree he doesn't want it fixed at 1.35 Bar boost. Is it typical to use a .8bar spring to control boost at 1bar?

Last edited by copbait73; 03-31-2008 at 02:05 PM..
Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)