View Single Post
Registered

Hey man..

Yeah, spring and summer are on the way so give the ol' girl whatever she needs!

I was putt'n in some time on mine last night.. it's never taken me this long to clean-up some oil leaks and replace a few small items. Hey, one thing leads to another... I mean, what does oil leaks have to do with removal of the front seats and console for cleaning and touch-up? and how does that relate to the painting and swapping of tails and mirrors.. Ha!

It's always something you know... went for a putt on my old Electra-Glide (I do mean old.. 74) the other night.. she died on the way in at the stop sign down the street from my house. No biggie, fired up rode it home.. making a noise at idle like broken valve spring or something. Well, pulled the push-rods one by one and cranked it through by hand.. noise gone away... hoping it's a valve spring, pulled the tappet blocks only to find that rear cylinder intake side lifter ain't got no more needle bearings in it!!!! Damn, another disassembly in the mix! Sorry for the rant.

Haven't heard that the ol' Purple People Eater" has gone anywhere.. with the pricing, and now the economy I'm sure its still around. I did find the spec sheet on it while cleaning-up my office last week, the dyno sheet was missing tough.

I think I'll give the widow a call this week and if it's still there I'll post it up for sale again... that car needs a good owner cause its a real kick in azz to drive and every nut and bolt is perfect!!

Will keep ya posted!

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)