View Single Post

I'm still slowly moving forward with the purchase of this 930 and I got the results of the PPI back today. The car seems pretty solid, there are some small maintenance items that will need to be looked at, hood struts, lighting not working in the engine compartment or trunk, torn door seal gaskets, old wiper blades and the air pump belt needs to be replaced.

One major concern that was revealed was the number 6 cylinder has a leakdown of 17%, all other cylinders are at 4%. From speaking to the tech it seems that it is loosing seal through the rings on #6.

Given these facts what do you guys think? From what I understand the leakdown should be above 10% for a good running car. Any way to tell how long before a top-end becomes necessary? I'm not expecting Camry-like reliability out of this car but I would like to cover 20k or so miles in it before dropping the engine for a top end refresh. I'm torn at this point, should I bite or keep looking?
Old 04-02-2008, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)