View Single Post

Garage
930s are as kool as it gets. Had a Miura, lovely fun to drive, loved the shift gate, very fast for a 67 car. Girls jumped off the curb looking for rides but instead of going out with them on weekends I spent the time changing spark plugs and checking valve adjustments. Two years and 30,000 as a driver the car was dead nuts reliable and cost me a whopping $34.00 for repair parts. Plugs and general maintanence stuff was cheap also. Guys with the Porsches were out with with the girls while I was playing grease monkey. Rust plagued the early 911s equally. Thank goodness I had the car in So. Cal. Acceleration wasn't bad.

A cop on Kawasaki 1000 motorcycle pulled in behind me just after I parked in my driveway and challenged me, "Do you know how fast you were going?"

I replied, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the speedo beacause I didn't want to over rev the engine in first so was really watching the tach. (Almost red lined in first, but and hadn't gotten there yet in second."

The officer admitted, "I tried to clock you, but you were losing me. I just couldn't keep up with you."

After looking over the car and chatting, he let me off with a warning. That was 1976 or 7.

(Location: Hermosa Beach, Ca. PCH. Turned north from Aviation, nailed it from about 20 mph in first smooth shift to 2nd and nailed it again, braked and turned up 17th street and rolled into my driveway. Over 80mph but probably less than 100mph if the truth be known.)

Diverdan
Old 04-02-2008, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)