View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
No, what I am saying is the RPM switch is a good bandaid but does not actually fix the problem, it masks the symptoms.

The problem is that as the WUR ages it goes off spec. In order to recalibrate you need to go inside the WUR and do some adjusting. Once back in spec you re-gain the full spectrum of the threshold adjustment.
The RPM switch simply delays the onset of boost by hiding the signal until a preset RPM, effectively overriding the threshold system by shifting the threshold to a point requiring less adjustment. The resulting A/F graph looks better but the WUR is still off spec.
I'll take the words of a very intelligent, and experienced mechanical engineer that knows alot more about 30 year old K-jetronic control pressure regulators than anyone on this forum.
The man I'm talking about is the very personable Brian Leask.
He modified my WUR a couple weeks ago and the machine work and 4 seperate adjustments he builds into it are very impressive.

I don't see how you could do what the rpm switch and air solenoid does with adjustments to the WUR.
If you could he would do it.

If you're so sure it can be done, lets see you do it. . . . . .
Old 04-02-2008, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)