View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Hello,
I have a Valentine 1. Couple of things that make it great to me.

1) The arrows, it really helps to know where the radar is coming from. Also, if it's a False alarm, it is "most" likely a stationary source and you can watch the arrows track it as you go by.
2) For a small fee you can get your V-1 updated every year or so, if new software comes out for it. You send it in, and they send it back QUICK. I've done this twice already.
3) Valentines have Classic good looks, a la Porsche! You can't tell a Ten or fifteen year Old V-1 from a brand new one! The only diff is the SW load, and that is rectified for about $50.

I can't stress how handy the arrows are. You hear a warning go off and you know where to look, you don't look like a Bobble-head trying to figure out:

Which way did he go! Which way did he go!

Laser, you are pretty much Frak'd no matter what you buy. Pull over when the buzzer sounds and get your wallet out.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 04-03-2008, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)