View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Heh!
The "Classic look" comment I made was somewhat tongue in cheek and somewhat not. The point I was trying to get across is that if you bought a new V1 when they came out in 1992 like I did, that you can still be using it today some 16 years later with the most current technology in the detector. Just upgrade it every couple years. i've done mine twice. Probably could use it again, this thread has reminded me that I should see what benefits I would get with a new upgrade. If you read some of these threads referenced from this one, you'll note a lot of folks have had a lot of different detectors. Some of these poor guys have had every detector I've ever heard of. Hmmm, why is that???

The kewl thing about the V1 is that it is the only product that has ever promised upgradeability and delivered on the promise. Everybody gets a computer and they are promised you can upgrade in the future. But they never work out that way.

With the V1 you don't buy into obsolescence. You run your Serial number ever couple of years and look at what the upgrade will do for you and decide if you want to upgrade now or wait for the next cycle.

The concept of keeping something and upgrading it every couple of years for performance shouldn't be a foreign concept to anyone here...

It's a good solid product that works well. If you have to have the newest bell or whistle or LED color, it may not be the best bet. If you enjoy always buying new Bells, New Whistles, and New LED colors, it may not be the best bet. It is kinda stodgy and dated looking, kinda like the car it is riding in !!
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 04-03-2008, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)