View Single Post

Porsche builds what people want. This group probably represents 10% of its buyers. Very few people that spend $80K+ on a car want a vehicle with minimal sound insulation, non electric everything, poor HVAC, the list goes on.

To all that think the 911 is not an inherently less stable platform, I am not sure what to say. Study physics? Read how Porsche thought the same, but the 911 continued to sell so they decided to just give people what they want.
Yeah, it has been made to perform well, but will still show its "teeth"
If hanging a large mass of weight over your rear axle was good practice, most pure race cars should look much different. The same goes for hanging a lot of weight over your front axle.

Porsche and its tuners stay with the 911 because it makes money and its buyers have money to spend. They wouldn't continue tuning 911 if nobody bought them.

I like Porsches (a lot), but I like cars more. This whole post smells of Porsche smugness. They are not some unbeatable force of nature.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)