View Single Post

I think the real problem is that most Porsches aren't bought by "drivers". Now, the folks on Rennlist, are for the most part "drivers" and enthusiasts... but we are not the majority. They sell these cars to affluent folks who want all the ameneties, who care less about performance and more about heated seats, a cushy ride and looking cool. They couldn't change their own oil or even find the dipstick if you gave them the manual and an entire weekend. I know plenty of guys who fit this description and Porsche cares about them, because they buy most of their cars.

IMHO most of the new Porsche models are soulless so they better beat the competition in performance. Nissan kicking their ass, may be good if it wakes them up. Most modern Porsches are too much grand touring car and not enough "sportscar". You might as well get a 500 hp sedan for all the weight and BS they come loaded with. I drove their new cars, and fast as they are they do nothing for me...boring.

And I know some will say what about the GT models...What % of porsche sales do they represent?? Not much right and even in their 'slimmed down" form they are still FAT.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s

Last edited by F350Lawman; 04-04-2008 at 09:30 PM..
Old 04-04-2008, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)