View Single Post
jurhip jurhip is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 643
I don't think this is worth arguing about, but the main difference is buyers have changed. For $80K+ how many people want to explain why there car doesn't come with carpet, good sound insulation, etc. How many people really want that in a modern street car? 5-10%? If so, buy an Elise or build a Super 7.

People were probably having this same argument when the late 80's 930 came out. "Oh they are so heavy and GT-like, my 911S/RS (enter nice longhood here) had everything you could need and is so light and nice. Who needs AC and power seats, quietness in a sports car........Porsche is losing its soul...."

The new cars are faster, while being quieter and more luxurious. For 95% of all consumers, this is better. The remainder 5% have old cars to choose from.

There is an old engineering saying that goes something like the best car could carry 8 people and their stuff (i.e. van) , but accelerate and handle better than any sports car.
This is not really possible, but it is usually the goal.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)