View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Red face

I've always been a fan of Japanese Engineering. They went from imitators to innovators and they easily proved they could build a decent product.

One of the problems with the Japanese cars is, there has always been a 'cheapness' associated with them. My buddy has a TT Supra, and while it can completely trash my 930 performance wise, the thing squeaks and creaks over every bump. There are so much plastic in the dash and the cheesy looking controls are just funky to look at. Nissan IMO is even worse. Whoever designs the interiors and dash layouts is not from this Planet..... I just don't think it's going to look good 5 years from now..... In fact, the 350Z is so funky, it doesn't even look good today! I would never own one. I don't know if the GT-R is much improved, but I don't think I would care to buy one and watch its value drop like a rock over the next few years. Another problem is, the Japanese cars are redesigned so often that the newest, latest greatest revision causes the older car's to lose value sometimes almost overnight.

All that being said, I think in comparing to the Porsche you have to look at the total package. Porsche is pretty much an established icon and really is such a nicely refined sports car, how can you go wrong?

Real world sports car enthusiasts have been known to drive Porsches! If you want to be tied in with the racer-boy, ricer crowd, than maybe the Nissan is the way to go!

Last edited by Maxx1; 04-07-2008 at 04:55 AM..
Old 04-07-2008, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)