View Single Post

OK Who...?

It sounds ugly and I believe I have seen that split pea color on other Porsches..usually Euro cars though.

The 80's was and interesting time for colors combined with swoopy spoilers and big wheels and tires.

I remember traveling to Germany and scouting cars and parts while vacationing.. I was amazed and the then burgeoning use of candy colors on Porsches, Benzes and BMWs by some of the custom shops there..this along with wild interiors and stereos!

What really made me laugh was when I found who was suppling the paint they were using... it was House Of Color from right here in the good old USA. I even suggested to one of the shops how to change the hue of the candy was to use a different color base coat as the candy its self is translucent. Having been around custom bikes and cars for so long I was very familiar with the brand!

One of these days when I figure out how to work the crappy scanner I have, I'll go through some of the old pics..scan and post as there was actually some cool stuff running around the streets.

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)