View Single Post
Skunk works

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurhip View Post
I don't think this is worth arguing about, but the main difference is buyers have changed. For $80K+ how many people want to explain why there car doesn't come with carpet, good sound insulation, etc. How many people really want that in a modern street car? 5-10%? If so, buy an Elise or build a Super 7.

The new cars are faster, while being quieter and more luxurious. For 95% of all consumers, this is better. The remainder 5% have old cars to choose from.
well said!

ultimately porsche are building what consumers are demanding. if the weren't they wouldnt be in business! "people" want comfortable cars with all the mod cons & safety equipment, the penalty of which is weight but the reality of it is that less than 10% of new prosches will ever see track time so weight is a non-issue

every morning i see dozens of porsches being driven by people on their war to work...thats right daily drivers. i'm sure these people are happy are appreciative of the comfort and mod cons

yet these same cars are still blisteringly quick and would spank just about anything else on the track

for those who want something track-oriented, as dewolf said, if you havent, go out and drive a GT3. It truly is awesome and the older cars feel like dinosaurs in comparison. Dont get me wrong, i love a good dinosaur but the GT3 is in another dimension. The handling, the sound, the power, the stopping power are awe-inspiring

for the record, the Gt-R is FUGLY but amazing value for money. Someone here mentioned that 99% of porsche buyers would not have considered the Gt-R and i'd agree...different target audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
Assuming you have a paltry 25-30 dealerships in all of Australia.
11 actually
Old 04-07-2008, 11:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)