View Single Post

Consider this a wake up call for Porsche. It's has been may years that Porsche stood up at the top alone. It's very difficult for ANY car manufacturer to beat the performance of a "Benchmark" car like the 911TT. It's no secret that Nissan targeted Porsche to be the car to beat. Same with the Audi R8. So, cudo's for Nissan and Audi for toppling the Porsche Empire.
I'm sure the people at the Porsche factory are not sitting down on this. Porsche has been very slow at evolving, maybe a little bit tooo slow. Maybe this will put a little fire in their evolution butt. It wouldn't surprise me if the next model 911TT will have F1 style paddle shift, bigger motor, bigger turbos. Who knows, maybe ithe 911TT will be priced below $100,000.(Hey! We can all dream, can't we?) Sure, the GT-R is an ugly car. But a $50K price difference seems very attactive and may take some market share away from Porsche. For me I rather save a bit more and sacrifice a few thing to buy a 911.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)