View Single Post
Czar of C.R.A.P.

A couple of more thoughts. When I started this mess I was under the assumtion that the system used sequential port injection. My assumtion was the Peak and Hold was required to get enough fuel in short time given.
I believe it has now been fully understood that the system fires all injectors at once. This gives 5 shots of fuel just laying around waiting for their turn to be sucked in with the last and final shot. (Which by the way has anyone figured out is there any real timing with fuel or does the system not care when that last shot is delivered.) My point is why did Porsche use the higher end system to open and close quickly when they have 6 shots to get enough fuel for the intake cycle. Or was it just "THE THING" to do at the time.
Also instead of a fancy DME could you not just use some sort of Pulse Modulation circuit that was controlled by RPM to squirt fuel. Then use some sort of crank fire system for the spark. (Ha perhaps that is what the DME is.) When you guy are testing the DME does the frequency of the fuel circuit change or does the frequency stay the same with the % open and close during that pulse changing. Just curious now.
Cabriolet Racing And Performance C.R.A.P. Gruppe #1
Put on some C.R.A.P. and drive....
Old 04-09-2008, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #195 (permalink)