View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfink View Post
This gives 5 shots of fuel just laying around waiting for their turn to be sucked in with the last and final shot.
dfink,

I'm not sure what you mean by 5 shots of fuel followed by the last and final 6th shot?

My understanding of this system is that it injects 2 shots to EACH injectors per complete power stroke. Meaning 1 shot of fuel for each turn of the crank and all injectors get fired at the same exact time. I also am under the understanding that the fuel delivery timing is fired off of the Top-Dead-Center sensor on the crank. So one shot of fuel every time the crank hits the TDC sensor mark.

This design allows each injector to deliver exactly 1/2 the fuel volume each time the injector fires. This is because the injectors fire 2 times per power stroke.

This is simply my understanding of the Motronic system. I could be wrong, but from everything I've read this is how the system works.

Could you clarify what you mean by 6 shots of fuel? Are you speaking about all injectors? and counting each injector individually?
1964 356SC (SOLD)
1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible

Last edited by scarceller; 04-09-2008 at 07:31 AM..
Old 04-09-2008, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #196 (permalink)