View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcc View Post
Sounds like a nice setup. It does sound a little rough on the streets up here. Not to be a stickler, but was that 24.5 for the rear? What about the front? I was thinking a touch higer in the rear and just north of 25 in the front. So, not to ask again, but you don't have any rubbing and your fenders are not rolled?

Also, how is your steering with that size front tire? Does it feel heavier/harder?
24 and 7/8's on three corners except for the passenger side front which is 25" on the nose.

Fenders are not rolled. I'm noticing a bit of rubbing on the passenger rear fender. I believe on high compression, the lettering on the BFG's is touching the inside lip at the 2 o'clock position of the well when facing it. It's very minor, but I need to address it. The other three sides have no rubbing.

The steering is a trade off. The turn in is dramatically improved, but the car does follow road imperfections a lot more than it used to. Parking lot steering effort is probably half again as difficult as it was with stock fronts. I love the ride and handling. I still need to reinforce my rear shock mounts.

I should also add that the steering at speed is heavier, but it's reassuringly heavier- it feels better and more substantive. I have very little squat on WOT which is also nice.

Last edited by JimCulp; 04-09-2008 at 03:33 PM..
Old 04-09-2008, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)