View Single Post

427 Cobra Replica

I saw a nice Cobra replica driving pretty fast on a straight and empty road so I couldn't resist. I've seen them make a few runs at a local AX event, but never saw one really running on the street. Pretty nice car with good power..the thing moved real well. It looked like alot of fun too, with a great paint job and interior.

Anyway, I folllowed him through the gears from about a 20mph roll to about 100 a few times and then we jumped on the highway for one quick run through the gears. On the street, he couldn't pull away at all, but I wasn't making up much ground either. The conditions were in my favor as the lights kept changing before we came to a complete stop. I am sure the Cobra would have been good off the line compared to my car. Entering the highway, as soon as I hit the 2-3rd gear change I gained very quickly, passed and then pulled alongside and gave him the thumbs up. Again things were good for me as this time, as we entered the roadway I was right in that 2nd gear sweet spot where the warp drive engages at will I also htink those cars run some pretty tall gears, so there used up pretty quickly.

We both exited the highway at the next exit and I asked him what he had under the hood (427)and complimented him on how well the car moved. He asked about the turbo and that was that.

I was impressed with the Cobra's overall package and performance.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s

Last edited by F350Lawman; 04-10-2008 at 06:29 PM..
Old 04-10-2008, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)