View Single Post

Like Goran says, if you've got a stock 930, just no point exceeding 5,000 and change - except for the glorious howl.

Just be aware you're way out of the power band by 6,000 and the power curves are falling off a cliff. Regardless of what it actually feels like in the car (yes, it feels like it pulls hard all the way to redline, been there).

SC cams, factory H/E's, I/C & 3DLZ. Max power @ 5,700, peak torque @ 5,200.
SC cams, GHLs, Kokeln and K27/HF. Max power @ 6,100, peak torque @ 5,700.

I don't believe the factory 930 cams make more top-end power than the SC cams. In fact, I believe quite the opposite.

I'd suggest you get a dyno pull and look at the graph, decide your own optimum shift point. Not to mention checking your on-boost AFR's. Only reason I ever go to a dyno.

The factory rod bolts don't always make holes in the cases. But they almost always take at least one crank journal. And they'll take the rod everytime. This gets expensive.

I hit my new rev limiter precisely once to test that it worked (which it did, @ 7,200 RPM) since fitting ARP rod bolts, SuperTec head studs, new crank and rods. Far as I'm concerned, it's extra insurance against a spaced/late shift (I don't have a 930 gearbox), not a ticket to rev out of the power band.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)