View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
The sensor is mounted about 6 - 8 inches before the throttle body, but after driving the car, then letting it sit for 3 - 4 hours, it will show a high temp regardless of ambient.

For example, I drove the car to work the other day, ambient about 15C which coincided with the sensor value. When I took it to lunch about 4 hours later, I felt the pipe around the sensor (cool to the touch), but the sensor showed ambient around 36C when it was about 20C. It took about 3 min for the sensor to come down to something close to ambient. While waiting for the temp to adjust the ECU thought it was hotter than it really was, and pulled fuel per the temp correction table - it ran lean until the sensor started showing ambient.
Mine is mounted in the same place. Mine does sorta the same thing but not for 4 hrs. Do you have a hand held temp gauge?

I have compensated for heatsoak with more fuel at those temps. Don't know if it is right but it seems to work.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)