View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiegel360 View Post

Les,
Your explanation about 14.7 cruise has clarified a lot of concerns. My car is running leaner than had been recommended by Leask and Bodart, but upon boost I am still richer than 11.8-12.1. I'm still adjusting the WUR and RPM solenoid. In the 14's, i am getting lots of burping on deceleration, which I guess I am to expect with this car... Is 14.7 the absolute leanest it should be at cruise or is it the average with a +- of 3?
Some would say that factory EFI cars cruise leaner than 14.7, but it's not something I would look to do.

The popping on decel is a 930 thing that I don't believe you can get rid of with CIS. An EFI car does not have the popping(If it is setup properly). When you back out of the throttle, you cut off the air and you should see your AFR dive down towards 9 or 10 when it's popping. The way EFI takes care of this is that it cuts the fuel to the injectors and they actually go lean on throttle over run.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 04-13-2008, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)