View Single Post

Wetting out...hmmm... Uhhh...Think of a freshly waxed car vs. a car that hasn't been waxed in years. The water on the car that hasn't been waxed flows over the surface, it wets out. The water on the freshly waxed car beads up, it doesn't wet out the surface. You want that when waxing but not with your paint. (And there are no stupid questions, maybe some stupid people asking questions ).
With the surface prep you've done it sounds like it's either technique, paint or a combination there of. But what does sound strange is the different surface quality, (OP & dry spray), on the same parts. That's what makes me think something is still weird with the surface.
This may sound stupid but work on your technique until you get one or the other. Then you can adjust the paint and or air pressure/fluid flow accordingly.
Wish I was a bit closer I'd certainly come down to have a look. See if possibly you could get better pictures of the OP & dry spray.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)