View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hi Fred,
Totally understand your point of view here. However, I would think you might find it interesting how a dyno tuned computer controlled car might be optimally timed. This way you understand what the engine would like to have and see what you have to settle for with a distributer. Just a thought, it's your thread and I tried to start a similar thread when I was tuning my EFI car.
EFI optimized would be fine info. That does not impact what I am seeking because CIS could be comparable to a good tuned EFI system.
But dual plug and higher than stock CR (7.0 to 1) gets away from my engine parameters quite a bit. I just want to make sure we have apples to apples here.
Dual plug and high compression could easily be on another thread.....as soon as someone starts one.

Now that thats straight, lets get some feedback posted here guys!.......daylight is a wastin and I have 2 weeks till the first track event. Would be nice to have some good data before hitting Mid Ohio.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"

Last edited by fredmeister; 04-15-2008 at 01:27 PM..
Old 04-15-2008, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)