View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiegel360 View Post
Since most of our US CIS 930's are modified to breathe better than stock, are we to assume that 29 BTDC at 4000 rpms (with advance and retard lines pulled off dist and plugged) is safely maximizing performance .....1 bar boost? Currently I run 26 BTDC but I am a newbie and my car still ain't tuned properly.
They are talking total advance under all testing conditions that create maximum advance at 4000. Whatever you connect or disconnect do not exceed these parameters for safe operation with relatively stock components. 100 plus leaded fuel ( no catalyst ) helps a lot to slow/cool the burn so a little more advance beyond 27 US and 29 euro @ 4000 should be doable to 1.0 bar with modest upgrades / fuel. The factory timing, fuel delivery and enrichment settings were determined and set for .7/.8 boost for all around usage. There is a tremendous upside in the 930 turbo tuning as Porsche did a lot of leg work with this system before settling on the final street production tune specs.

Last edited by voitureltd; 04-16-2008 at 04:50 PM..
Old 04-15-2008, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)