Thread: need a tuner
View Single Post
village idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930targa View Post
your build is running out of breath after 5k rpms which leads me to believe you didn't do much to the heads .. you're choking your engine....
thanks for the comment, here is info i have on the head work: IA heads worked, twin plugged, with all the other mods, electronic xdi box and pods Head Heights: 3.573 total chamber volume 93.2cc IA new cam blanks ground to match up with IA headwork.
Intake fully open: .455
Exhaust fullt opem lift: .401
Retainer thickness: .200
Cam timing is 1.7 with 1mm lash overlap. Please set 1mm cold.

disclaimer: i'm no mechanic, but i would think with the $$$$$ spent on this engine, i would have hopped to be in the 400ish WHP range which i would think i'm missing about 100hp at the engine.

my rpm solenoid has the 5200 chip in it....not sure if that is correct but thats what they have in it.

appreciate the help.
88 930 cab w/36k miles(ok its the wife's 40th b-day present) She knows the clutch needs replaced. She doesn't know about-3.4L: LN engineering-Nikkies cylinders: 8:1 JE pistons: IA-(fuel head, XDI twin plug ignition, revalved, respringed, reguided & ported n polished heads, matched cam grind): K27HFs: Kokeln IC: Braink Leask-(WUR & RPM switch): H&K-(SSI & dual exhaust): Tial 46mm wg: and lots of parts coated by Calico Coatings.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)