View Single Post
Doug Siegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
Im no expert, but I would figure out the max timing at fullboost you want to run and then set the retard from there. So if off boost she runs say 30 degrees (for example)and you want to run 20 (for example) degrees at 10 pounds of boost- you set the retard for 1 degree per pound of boost.
I used one when I went to tech school (UTI) and it was part of a turbo kit for a civic. Long and the short- for that instance we used 3 degrees per pound of boost because it was a relatively high compression motor.
Great! That clarifies much of the story. But...does anyone know where the timing should be on boost? Does the timing stay the same on boost from 3000-6500 rpm's?

THANKS!!!!
Doug
88' blk/blk 930: Haltech EFI, Twin Plug, Pauter Rods, Nascar Bearings, custom crank work, dowel pinned case, ported manifold and heads, Kokeln I/C, SC Cams, Turbonetics ball bearing 62-1, BB headers, RARLYL8 Zork, additional 993 oil filter, plx/inyourface gage, RS style coilover, Fikse FM10-17 wheels, TIAL 46mm 1 bar. (where the heck did all my money go?)
Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)