View Single Post

What size wheels and tires

I am looking to do a wheel/tire upgrade for the car in my signature. I am leaning towards Kodiak Racing in 9 and 11.5 inches respectively. Tire wise, I am pretty sure I'm going with 315s in the rear and I am thinking of 255 or 265 up front. I 'd like to be able to brake harder than the little 225s now allow w/o locking up so easily and I'd like not to spin under boost so easily as well. Right now w/ 225 and 245s my rear end often breaks lose under boost and the front tires seem to plow if I get crazy in tight turns. Now mind you it still handles 10x btter than the stock setup but why not get the most out of it. I am comfotable that my mechanic has the suspension set well, I just think that I am a lillte shy in the tire dept.

Anyone have any experience with that setup I am considering on a car w/ the aftermarket Smart Racing adj. sways front and rear? I don't think they offer any addiitonal clearance issue, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 04-17-2008, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)