View Single Post

Bryan.....

Mine is 3M, although I know there are some newer ones out there that are supposed to be thinner and more clear. I think krasuskyp has a point....on some cars it looks crappy.....maybe it's the ruby red....but it can't be seen easily. the transition from bare paint to 3M is not noticable either like most I've seen. I also had techs from 3M install it properly, not a tint jockey.

I had the paint sealed as well by the same people, so wax buildup on the seam is a non issue.

Looky here.

http://www.exoticare.ca/2007site/index.html

this is where I had the work done. You could always call Andrew (owner) and ask for some advice, as I realize driving to Toronto is likely not an option......IMHO you get what you pay for......and after repairing 25 years of road rash and badges of honour, while I respect that viewpoint.....I want to preserve my investment. Hell, I didn't wrap the entire car, like the CGT that was in to be wrapped...... ;-)

Good luck.

BTW - it still only cost me $300 for the stoneguard, and $300 to seal the paint with Autobrill........wash and shammy, and it looks like the photo every day.....

Cheers,

Mark
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)