View Single Post

Garage
I'm not sure to be honest,

if I had to take a guess he probably push the boost until things went bad and then back it up to a safe range, if he knows what the range is maybe 50 pnds is safe.

I know many of the import guys that is how they find out, one of my friends got 80 pnds of boost out of a 4 Cly, the thing exploded so now he runs 70 pnds and it seems just fine, heck my dear friend was running 55 pnds out of a Hyundai engine !!, stock Cylinder head, ford explorer TB , Isuzu Intercooler with a 150 shoot of nos, the thing made 789whp with a GT 42 turbo

Believe it or not he uses Haletech Mangt system, compared to todays ECU it is a dinosaur, It seems to work great for him do, one of my very close friends purchased one of Bellos car, on street tires she ran 10.1- on 18 inches tires I may said, we later changed a few things and she ran 9.76.

So it doesn't matter what he touches he has the recipe for hp. My point is that turbos, cams and lots of boost can do wonders, but then again we are taking about 1200 hp !!

I tell you what is amazing, that the car dint spin at the dyno, we have done many dyno pulls and yet we still haven't figure that out
Old 04-18-2008, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)