View Single Post
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
The Install... and a bit bummed!

So the Tial Wastegate is here and installed w/o drama...
The Leask WUR and RPM CSV are here and installed w/o too much headache (splicing into a factory system is a frightening proposition for me) but it is done as well. The install instructions are stellar, and super easy to follow, really well done!

Everything is re-installed and ready to roll...

Moment of truth...

No dice! The first time she turned over, she wanted to start... After that... Nothing! Why is it that I can never get my projects to work on the first attempt? So I pulled a plug wire and and pushed a spare plug in to check for spark. Good to go!

So then I started to trace the fuel. I have fuel through the WUR...
Mystified, because those were the only items I molested... I pulled the IC off to get a better view of things and tried turning the car over, she roared to life and then died in the matter of a second or two.

I tried it again, and the same result.

Strange I thought... I re installed the IC and tried turning her over again... Nothing doing! Didn't even TRY to start! Just the sound of the fuel pumps running and the started doing it's job!

Again, I am kind of a noob, I am sorry I am ignorant! What are your thoughts? What information can I give you to help me get my head around this?
Why would having the IC effect the system one way or the other?

I was really hopping for a turn key install!
Followed by some AFR/Dyno tuning time... Maybe the next project!
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 04-19-2008, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)