View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1topcat View Post
Holycow,

Yes, I found them at performanceproducts, part #0 910102 SPEED BLEEDER. Remember you have two on each caliper, so you will need 8 total or 4 pairs (sold in pairs). I have not put them on yet, but I am fairly confident that they fit the '89 turbo calipers (or other years with that size caliper). I don't know why there is all this effort on the pressure bleeder systems when this is so easy. The only thing to be concerned with is getting up to make sure the Master does not run down to low and suck in air.

However, you can drill a hole thru a spare Master cyclinder cap and fit a hose to a second larger brake fluid bottle and essentially pump the brakes without that problem. To this end, you can place a hose and empty bottle on the bleeder valve to accept the old fluid and air and completely flush out all the lines to your heart is content.

Anyone have any concerns with that approach? I have done it before on other vehicles with great ease and success.
regards /Tony
I have used speed bleeders onother cars, and now have second thoughts.
Problem with bleeding the old pump the pedal to the florr method is nto only sucking in air if you let the fluid level too low. A worse problem is the fact that you cycle the Master cylinder thru its complete range of motion this way. If you have any sort of rust or debris formed after all these years on the part of the internal piston or bore surface inside the MC, you will wear the internal seals across this mess. In short you open yourself up to damaging the internal seals and getting MC leaks or in need of a rebuilt unit sooner than you think.
This is the main advantage to the pressure bleeders from Motive Products, plus it is faster than with speedbleeders.
Just my thoughts.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 04-21-2008, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)