View Single Post

I noticed in your picture up the page that the sound pad is removed from your engine bay.
Mine is too and I didn't need to tie ropes or tie the lines together to feed them up through the corners of the rear bulkhead/firewall.
While lieing under the car I could see enough room up there for 3-4 hoses on each side without all the foam rubber crammed in there... I simply fed it up through there from the bottom, no drama, and then pulled them up the rest of the way from the engine compartment.

If all the rotted pieces of foam rubber are crammed in around the hoses still and the sound pad is in place then maybe you would need to tie the new hoses to the old ones and pull them up through.

Afterwards I stuffed some new foam rubber in around the hoses in the corners and a long strip between the bulkhead and shock tower cross member the whole length because thats a big air leak in relation to the engine fan and how much air it sucks through the intercooler and rear condensor, that is if you have a condensor in the tail.

And you should definately start from the evaporator box and work outward when installing the hoses.
Route them around or in between the brake lines in the smuggler box and make sure none of them rub on the tie rod rubber boots or steering column while turning the steering wheel.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)