Thread: New 930 Owner
View Single Post

New 930 Owner

Hello everyone, I just got my 930 home on Monday night and I have a few questions about the car. I bought the car from the second owner in Dallas TX and drove it home on Monday afternoon to my house in Atlanta. The car did fine over the 800 mile trip and it wasn't nearly as tiring as I thought it would be.

Once I got the car home I started picking over it to see what the PPI missed and find out exactly what I had. The car has the following mods that I can see.

PowerHaus Headers with heat exchangers.
B&B intercooler
B&B Exhaust
K27 Turbo

Issues:

The car seems to have what sounds like an exhaust leak. It is only noticeable at low RPM and under load. After researching the PowerHaus headers it seems that they are a B&B copy which are known to leak. Does this sound correct?

The air injection system has been disabled and partially removed. I'm planning to remove the entire system and I'm aware that I need to plug some holes that the injection ports will leave behind, the plugs sold by our host are listed for 1975-83, can someone point me towards the correct plug? Are there any write ups describing what exactly I should remove?

When the car is warm and the engine is idling there seems to be a whirring sound coming from the engine compartment, it almost sounds like a power steering pump that is low on fluid, bringing the RPM up above idle silences it. Any ideas on this one?
Old 04-23-2008, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)