Thread: knock sensor
View Single Post

Douche bag here. Sorry I lost my temper with you this afternoon but I couldn't take it.

I just wrapped up the new design this morning, then you call asking if my system can reliably detect knock in all cylinders on an aircooled engine.

I say I'm not really the guy to ask since it's my design, then explain an aircooled isn't as noisy as most think, and relate a story, etc, then I tell you about the features in my new design.

You say you just installed a boost retard and all you want is a simple system to say it's knocking. I make a very fine closed loop system for not much more than you paid for your boost retard ignition and you want a knock LED. Sorry, but I lost it.

As for whether it works or not, Steve at Rennsport posted this a while back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Rennsport
Hi Bill:

LOL,..We recently finished a 993 TT engine (627 HP) with Motec M600 interfaced to J&S controlled knock sensors for active feedback and timing control, just like stock.

In this case, three engine maps are selectable with different boost levels; street gas, race gas and smog compliance.

Works great.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)