Thread: knock sensor
View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Hi,
No offense, but you SELL knock mitigation equipment. I read this thread you referenced. No proof of anything here. I'm sure your system can stop knock(well sorta sure), the question is does it stop performance? There are a lot of high end Porsche performance shops out there. Which one refuses to sell you a Hi Po engine without a knock sensor?

If I sold you a 65K motor and a knock sensor worked well on it, I would force you to buy it to protect your engine and my business.

Contrary to this, the Tuner shops I have spoken with have basically told me to forget it! It will kill performance. The fact that a guy tore his motor down and all his rings and lands look good doesn't really prove anything. Let's see his "Knock log" for the last 10,000 miles. Let's put his motor on a dyno and watch the knock sensor while he produces power, the engine is loaded and we mod the timing curve.

For the cost of a knock sensor, who wouldn't want one, comparatively speaking, they are DIRT CHEAP!! There's lots of modified cars here on this forum, the knock sensors are for all practical purposes ABSENT.

John,
You got a SIGNIFICANT amount of Porsche data and testimonials, and dyno time with 930's, I'd love to see it. i THINK WE ALL WOULD. Prove to me your system detects "positive's" properly and does not make "false" detections, and you've sold me one and most likely a lot of others. I basically would like to see the scientific method employed here, not sales brochures.

The first time I pulled my motor apart, every compression ring was broken into uncountable pieces, all twelve.

To coin a phrase...
Sho me sumpin' Mista!
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 04-24-2008, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)