Thread: knock sensor
View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by John at J&S View Post
Les:

The thread I linked to doesn't prove anything, but the post by 350HP930 should score us a few points.

Rebuilding My 930

I don't know him, so he probably bought it from the engine builder in Daytona we used to sell to.

I checked his profile, and he hasn't been on the forum in a couple of years.

John
Hi John,
I'm not making my point obviously. I have no doubt that "most" if not all these knock sensors suppress knock. The issue is that they suppress performance. The fact that everything was fine when he pulls his motor down means nothing other than anecdotal evidence. That is, his engine didn't blow up. Why??? Maybe he only ran 20 degrees of timing with 103 Race gas all the time?? Maybe he never drives above 4200 RPM? Kinda doubt that but who knows.

The issue with the knock sensors is not that they can't sense knock, it is that they sense it when it is not there, and pull timing(Performance) out.

From your response I can only conclude that there is no empirical evidence of the efficiency of your knock sensor in relation to Porsche 930 motors??
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 04-24-2008, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)