View Single Post

Bumper heat shield for 930

Awhile back I made one of these for Mike Ferras 964 Cup, and now just made another for his '93 RSA. I know I posted the first one here before but I'm just seeing if there would be any need and/or desire for you guys to have something like this.

Typically I build these per each car here but if there were enough people looking to get one I could make a buck to "mass produce" them. They are all hand cut, formed, welded, and finished and take about 3+ hours each to make. they really do work to keep the exhaust radiant heat off the bumper cutout, especially those running complete cat bypassed exhaust and/or Gpipes(964's)

This one is made of aluminum 1/8" plate, annealed and then heat treated again afterwards for shape. Backside is wrapped in 2100F heat fiberglass tape. Affixed to the bumper via two small countersunk stainless allens with ny-lock nuts(requires two very small drilled holes in the bottom face of the cutout. I can look into making them out of ~16 gauge stainless as well.

Again not sure if you guys would want these but figured I'd post some of my work here.

Price.....For the amount of labor involved in making these for the 964/965's and the materials I typically make them per customer here for about $200 for aluminum, $225 for stainless. I'd definitely cut you Pelican members a deal than that and would have to look into what I'd need to do to make such a piece for a 930.....again if it's even needed. Maybe $150 or better pending design??? Never had a 930 guy here request one so I'm shooting from the hip on that one.

Pictures:

Thanks!

Last edited by BoxxerSix; 04-25-2008 at 05:52 AM..
Old 04-25-2008, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)