View Single Post

Garage
How hot does the 'cold' side of the turbo get?

Preparing to drive my newly acquired 930 cross country and have one item that requires attention before the trip per the owner. The cold side of the turbo has a simple cone filter clamped directly to it... hangin in the breeze. If you look closely in the pix, you can see it

Good for dry cali and great roads, but not so good for driving through a rainstorm in Texas or wherever on the way back east. I have a solution which involves attaching a rubber boot to the turbo inlet (4"), and running flexible aluminum vent tubing into the engine bay, to which of course the air filter is attached (The intake air is warmer, but dry) . My question is, how much temp does the rubber boot need to be resistant to? The problem with clamping the ducting directlly to the turbo, is that the inlet is 4", and too fit the tubing into the engine bay, needs to be 2-3" This is not a permanenent solution, only one to get me and the car home. Thanks guys
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 04-25-2008, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)