View Single Post
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
I'd say on CIS you want to be richer than 12.5 at the red line, i'd aim for 12.0, to be honest i'd probably be happier with 11.8-9 flat out. When you're cruising off boost the you can be far leaner, high 14's even, but as boost comes in you want to rapidly drop into the low 12's and to keep things cool no more than 12 would be my aim. I was high 12's at WOT and put a hole in a piston, live and learn!
When you're running EFI and you can measure the AFR from cylinder to cylinder then 12.5 would be OK at 1.0bar I believe, but your measuring an average over all six with one sensor, I would not be happy taking the risk unless i could verify that i was getting identical flow from each injector and identical AFR on each cylinder
+1

Better to be safe than sorry.

As Goran said, get the data logging equipment.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 04-26-2008, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)