View Single Post
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

What octane gas were you running? Was timing and boost good? Not excessive?

On a long run or at the track, I use 100 octane to prevent detonation/damage. Not that a higher octane is a cure all, but I think it helps prevent the problems among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
Rarely, i'd be happy with 12.2 also if it was confirmed as such. The problem i had with my LM1 was that the number after the decimal point was flickering quite badly at WOT making it almost impossible to read. In retrospect i would have liked to have seen high 11's so i knew i was safe. I've no doubt you can squeeze a few more horses out going closer to optimum AFR, but i think the gamble is too great with CIS, besides the mixture being richer helps temps, as long as it's not so rich it starts fouling plugs and washing out the oil. The main reason I advised Rick to stick to 12 or just under is for peace of mind, without doing a top end job on his engine and getting the injectors checked for perfect matching heading up to 12.6 like Beep says is to dangerous in my opinion, I guess it also depends what boost Rick is at, at 1.0bar i would think 12.6 is just too close to the bone

This is what my piston looked like after a long WOT run at high 12's

Old 04-26-2008, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)